Who Do I Call If I Suspect Abuse?VT

Child Maltreatment: 800-649-5285

Elder Abuse: 800-564-1612

Domestic Violence: National Domestic Violence Hotline  800-799-7233 or Vermont Domestic Violence Hotline  800-228-7395

Animal Abuse or Neglect:

NOTE: Response to reports of animal cruelty and neglect are the primary responsibility of law enforcement agencies. If you believe an animal is in immediate danger call your town or city police department or, in areas that do not have their own municipal law enforcement agency,  the Vermont State Police at 802-241-5360 . You may also report online. The following organizations also provide assistance with investigations:

Addison County        Homeward Bound  802-388-1100

Bennington County   Second Chance Animal Center  802-375-2898

Caledonia County      Caledonia Co. Sheriff’s Dept.  802-748-6666

Chittenden County    Humane Society of Chittenden County  802-862-0135
Burlington  Burlington Police Dept.  802-658-2700

Essex County P.E.T.S. of the Kingdom  802-673-3791

Franklin County     Franklin Co. Sheriff’s Office  802-534-2121

Grand Isle County     Humane Society of Chittenden County  802-862-0135

Lamoille County    North Country Animal League  802-888-5065

Orange County          Central Vermont Humane Society  802-476-3811

Orleans County         P.E.T.S. of the Kingdom  802-673-3791

Rutland County         Rutland County Humane Society  802-483-6700

Washington County  Central Vermont Humane Society  802-476-3811

Windham County      Windham County Humane Society  802-254-2232

Windsor County        Lucy Mackenzie Humane Society  802-484-5829

Please see the explanatory notes regarding reporting and response on our introductory page. If you are aware of any additions or corrections to this Directory, please e-mail the National Link Coalition and let us know.