Join us in our mission!
Your gift to the National Link Coalition helps us to educate and advocate – locally, nationally and globally – for greater prevention of cruelty to animals, children, domestic violence survivors, and vulnerable elders by recognizing that animal abuse, domestic violence, child maltreatment, and elder abuse are all Linked.
Founded in 2008, the National Link Coalition is the only national organization working to prevent animal abuse, domestic violence, child maltreatment, and elder abuse. As the National Resource Center on The Link between Animal Abuse and Human Violence we train multi-disciplinary professionals, showcase spectacular programs, promote progressive legislation, and publicize cutting-edge research to foster collaborations that create safer communities by recognizing that when animals are abused, people are at risk, and when people are abused, animals are at risk.
Your gift helps us publish a free monthly newsletter reaching over 5,000 people; conduct dozens of training programs each year for thousands of professionals and pre-professional students; maintain a resource-rich website and the only National Directory of Abuse Investigating Agencies; provide guidance to agencies contemplating innovative programs; and monitor over 120 state and federal bills each year addressing Link issues.
Your gift will help us continue the amazing progress we have made. Here’s just a sampling of what’s been achieved since 2008:
- The UN now recognizes that children have a right to be protected from domestic violence and violence inflicted on animals.
- The FBI now includes animal cruelty and neglect in its national criminal database.
- The PAWS (Pet And Women Safety) Act makes federal funding available for domestic violence shelters to build animal housing facilities that keep the entire family safe.
- The federal Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture (PACT) Act addresses the perils of online animal pornography, based on its Links with child pornography and child sexual abuse.
- At least one form of animal cruelty is now a felony in all 50 states.
- Sex with animals is now illegal in 49 states.
- 42 states and national veterinary associations now require or allow veterinarians to report suspected animal abuse.
- 40 states can now include pets in domestic violence protection orders.
- 16 states now have cross-reporting between child, animal and adult protective services.
- 11 states now define animal abuse as an act of domestic violence.
- The Link is recognized by the National Council of Juvenile & Family Court Judges, the Association of Prosecuting Attorneys, the International Association of Chiefs of Police, the National Sheriffs Association, the Small & Rural Law Enforcement Executives Association, the federal Joint Counterterrorism Assessment Team, and the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence.
- Over 300 domestic violence shelters now accept pets.
You may also donate by sending a check to:
The National Link Coalition:
ATTN: Lesley Ashworth, Treasurer
379 Hidden Pond Road
Boone, NC 28607
The National Link Coalition is a 501 (c)(3) tax exempt corporation.Federal Tax ID: 92-2607909. Donations are tax-deductible as permitted under law. Your personal information will NOT be shared outside the National Link Coalition. No goods or services are received in exchange for your contribution.